Wednesday, October 5, 2011


Steve will be remembered as one of the great architects of the personal computer. From the moment that he caught the vision of what the future could look like never forgot the driving force of that vision that he and Woz had in the early days. It was behind the evolution of the first computer that Apple produced and went on to eventually define a whole generation of hand held deices.

I will never forget the day I first saw Steve demonstrate the iPhone. I had been a smart phone user for a number of years and owned several hand held devices and seen first hand many more. I had a vision of what it was that was needed but that day I saw that become a reality. It was truly inspiring to see the concept in my mind in the hands of Steve. If imitation is the sincerest form of flattery then every popular smart phone manufacturer has sincerely flattered the iPhone. For me there is the before the iPhone and the after. Before the iPhone the smart phone was simply a niche market for business users and geeks. After the iPhone it was a truly consumer device which the sales since have attested to.

If Steve had done nothing more than defined the hand held device for a whole generation then he is to be admired. This is a day to mourn the passing of a great visionary and to celebrate his legacy.

Steve RIP.

No comments:

Post a Comment